Bounce Energy Balls have become a staple in my rucksack and even chalk bag in the past year – they’re light, very portable and delicious. BUT they are oh so expensive! So last month I set about making my own. I was delighted with my efforts – here’s my recipe …
|100g cashew nuts
2 tbsps. cashew nut butter
6 large Medjool dates, stoned
1 tbsp. white chia seeds
|1 tsp. grated root ginger
2 tsps. cacao nibs
1 tsp. cacao powder
2-3 tbsp. chopped nuts, toasted.
- Pour the cashew nuts into a bowl of cold water and soak overnight.
- Stone and then chop the dates into a bowl of hot water and soak for 2 hours.
- Lightly toast the chopped nuts in medium-hot oven for 5 minutes or until light golden.
- Drain the nuts and blend at high speed in blender until creamy
- Add the dates, nut butter, chia seeds, ginger, cacao powder and nibs and continue to blend until you have a smooth mixture. I also added a touch of sea-salt to the mix.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and place in the freezer for about an hour (this makes it easier to form into balls).
- Using two teaspoons, scoop and shape little balls of mixture, rolling in your hands and then rolling in the chopped nuts until you have your perfect little bounce ball look alike!
- Store in a secret place so no one else can get their mitts on them!